I am so glad I found this salad recipe on Pinterest. I love the ingredients in this recipe, but I also love the dressing by itself. I will definitely use it other salads.
I used half spinach and half salad greens. I also toasted and added sugar to my pecans. I diced my cucumbers and red onions since I do not have a spiralizler.
If you can not find a ripe mango, you can also use an avocado.
This recipe is from wholesomelicious.com.
For the salad:
6 cups spinach (or your favorite greens), rinsed
1 cup blueberries, rinsed
1 mango, skinned and chopped
1/2 large red onion
6 inch cucumber
1 cup chopped pecans
For the dressing:
1 cup fresh loose basil leaves
1 clove garlic, crushed
3 Tbsp honey
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1/2 tsp coarse salt
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
1. Layer your salad beginning with the spinach (or greens)
2. If using a spiralizer, spiralize cucumber and red onion, and place on top spinach.
3. Top with blueberries, mango, and pecans. Set aside.
4. Prepare dressing: Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor, and pulse until smooth.
5. Toss salad dressing with salad, extra dressing can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.