This is my new favourite salmon recipe. I changed this recipe slightly. I preferred to barbecue my salmon in a foil packet rather than cooking in a skillet with oil. I also steamed my broccoli.
I also halved the honey mustard mix since I was only making one salmon portion for myself. I added the honey mustard mixture in with the salmon before I cooked it on the barbecue with great results. Be careful not to cook at a super high temperature since there is honey in the mixture and it will blacken.
My halved mixture is:
2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
2 tablespoons honey
Pinch of onion powder
1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
I found this recipe on Pinterest. It lead me to a website dinneratthezoo.com
1 and 1/4 lbs of salmon, cut into fillets
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
1/4 cup honey
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1 tablespoon olive oil, divided use
2 cups of broccoli florets
Salt and pepper to taste
Optional: lemon wedges and chopped parsley
1. In a small bowl mix together the Dijon mustard, whole grain mustard, honey, soy sauce and onion powder.
2. Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Add the broccoli and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon of water and cook for 2-3 minutes more until water is evaporated and broccoli is tender. Season the broccoli with salt and pepper, remove it from the pan and place it on a plate.
3. Heat the remainng 2 teaspoons of olive oil over high heat. Season the salmon generously with salt and pepper.
4. Put the salmon in the pan and cook for approximately 5 minutes on each side. Brush the tops of the fillets with the honey mustard mixture and place sauce side down in the pan and cook for 1 minute more.
5. Add the broccoli back into the pan with the salmon and cook for 2-3 minutes more or until the vegetables are heated through. Drizzle the salmon and broccoli with remaining honey mustard mixture and serve. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with lemon wedges if desired.