I know I have said this before but I love one dish meals. This one is easy peasy too, plus it makes a lot for leftovers. This recipe reminds me of Hamburger Helper but better. I found this recipe in Pinterest which took me to the website balancingmotherhood.com.
I do not eat red meat so I just used 2 packages of ground turkey. Instead of using 2 15-ounce cans of diced tomatoes, I used one 29 ounce can. Canned tomatoes are hard to find during this pandemic, so do your best in finding what you can.
2 lbs ground beef lean
1 lb ground turkey
3 cups of water
1 29-ounce can tomato sauce
2 15-ounce cans diced tomatoes
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
3 bay leaves
3 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp seasoned salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 cups elbow macaroni
1. In large stock pot, saute the ground beef and turkey over medium high heat, breaking up meat as it cooks. Cook until no pink remains.
2. Spoon off excess grease.
3. Chop onions and place in pot with meat. Cook 5 minutes or until onions are cooked.
4. Add water, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, garlic, Italian seasoning, soy sauce, seasoned salt, garlic powder, salt and pepper and stir. Add bay leaves and stir.
5. Place lid on pot and cook for 20-25 minutes until goulash is heated through.
6. Add elbow macaroni and stir. Place lid on pot and simmer for additional 20 minutes.
7. Turn off heat and remove bay leaves. Let sit 5-10 minutes before serving.