Looking for a great comfort food recipe? Make this one! It is simple to make….especially when using the no cook lasagna noodles. A great make ahead for your busy week too.
I did not use the white wine, I replaced with chicken broth. I also used 1 1/2 pounds of ground chicken with great results. I bought my pancetta at my local deli and just asked them to cut me 2oz. It worked out to about 56 grams.
I found this recipe on Pinterest which led me to the website http://www.jocooks.com
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 medium carrot, chopped
1 celery stalk, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 oz pancetta, chopped
1 lb ground chicken (I used 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken)
1 Tbsp tomato paste
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp chili flakes
1/4 cup chopped basil
2 cups crushed tomatoes
1 cup chicken broth
Salt and pepper
2 cups ricotta cheese (500 ml)
2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
9 lasagna noodles uncooked
1. In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, carrot, garlic and pancetta to the pot and sauté for about 5 minutes until onion is soft and translucent.
2. Add the ground chicken to the pot and break up using a wooden spoon so that it crumbles. Cook it for another 5 minutes until the ground chicken is no longer pink.
3. Add the oregano, chili flakes, tomato paste and stir. Add the wine and basil and cook for 3 more minutes, stirring occasionally. Finally add in the chicken broth and crushed tomatoes and season with salt and pepper as needed. Bring to a boil, turn down heat and let simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 375 F.
5. In a bowl combine together the ricotta, 1 1/2 cups of the mozzarella cheese and the egg. Set aside.
6. Spread a couple of ladles of the bolognese sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish. Arrange 3 noodles over the bolognese sauce;top with a couple more ladles of the sauce, then top with 1/3 of the cheese mixture, trying to spread it around a bit. Repeat with another 3 lasagna noodles, sauce, cheese, 3 more lasagna noodles, sauce and last of the cheese. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese over the top.
7. Bake for about an hour until the noodles are cooked though. If you are using fresh lasagna noodles, it will take less cooking time, about 35 to 45 minutes.
8. Let the lasagna cool for a few minutes before cutting into it. Feel free to garnish it with fresh parsley or basil and Parmesan cheese.
This recipe is super tasty! I found this great find on Pinterest which lead me to the website thewholesomedish.com.
I used ground turkey instead of chicken. I also used a cup of my homemade marinara sauce. I used Guy Fieri’s recipe Fieri’s Marinara Sauce. You could also use Quick Marinara Sauce or Marinara Sauce , both recipes are from Giada De Laurentis.
4 medium zucchini (about 1 3/4 pounds)
1 lb ground chicken
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup pasta sauce
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Optional: sliced fresh basil for topping
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Place a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and break it apart with a spoon. Add the salt and pepper. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Stir occasionally and break down down the chicken into small chunks.
3. Reduce the heat to low. Add the garlic to the chicken. Cook 1 minute stirring often. Add the pasta sauce. Cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. As the chicken cooks, cut the zucchini in half, lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop the seeds and centre out of each zucchini half, leaving a 1/4-inch thick zucchini boat.
5. Place the zucchini in the baking dish cut-side up.
6. Spoon the chicken mixture into the zucchini boats. Press the mixture down into the zucchini using the back of a spoon.
7. Sprinkle the zucchini evenly with the Parmesan, then the mozzarella cheese.
8. Cover the baking dish with foil. Bake for 35 minutes.
9. Sprinkle with fresh basil and serve.
Serving size: 2 halves
Saturated Fat: 6.1
This burger is awesome! This recipe is taken from one of my favorite cookbooks “The Complete Light Kitchen” by Rose Reisman. I used ground turkey instead of chicken on my first try of this recipe and it was fabulous! I served my burgers with the extra teriyaki sauce and grilled pineapples. Since we were at the cottage when I made this burger, we decided to also serve french fries from the local chip truck Rolly’s Homemade Fries.
1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
3 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
1 Tbsp water
3 Tbsp rice vinegar
1 Tbsp sesame oil
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1 1/2 tsp crushed fresh garlic
1 1/2 tsp minced fresh ginger
1 lb ground chicken breast
1/3 cup dry seasoned breadcumbs
3 Tbsp finely chopped green onion
2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
3 Tbsp chopped cilantro or parsley
1. To make the teriyaki sauce, whisk the sugar, soy sauce, water, vinegar, oil, cornstarch, garlic and ginger in a small skillet. Simmer for 3 minutes or just until thickened.
2. Place 3 Tbsp of the teriyaki sauce in a bowl and add the chicken, egg, breadcrumbs and green onion. Mix well. Form into 5 patties.
3. Spray a grill or non-stick skillet with cooking oil and heat to high. Cook the patties for about 6 minutes per side or until no longer pink in the centre.
4. Serve with the remaining sauce and garnish with sesame seeds and cilantro.