This recipe makes for a quick dinner, especially on the nights of my son’s soccer games. You can have this flavorful salad on it’s own, in a croissant or on fresh rye bread.
I use a rotisserie chicken from Sobey’s. I usually grab the chipotle flavoured chicken, but the regular barbecue flavour is just as good.
4 cups chicken, cooked
1 cup mayonnaise, or greek yogurt
1 cup celery, diced
2 Tbsp dill, fresh
1 1/2 cups red grapes, quartered
2 green onions, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1. Mix all ingredients together.
I found this recipe on Twitter. The original recipe can be found at http://infinebalance.com/2013/04/30/curried-chickpea-wraps/.
I love this recipe since you can make it in a tortilla wrap, lettuce leaves, or you can eat it as is! This recipe is super easy, especially if you own a food processor. I shredded my carrots and chopped my chickpeas using mine. I also used raisins instead of currants. The filling will last for several days making this is a great make-ahead recipe for lunches or dinner.
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 large carrots shredded
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon garam marsala curry spice
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1 18oz can chickpeas (about 2 cups cooked), rinsed and drained
2 tablespoons currants (soaked in hot water to plump and drained), then chopped
1/4 cup mayo, plus more to your taste
2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
pinch of salt
1. If you haven’t already, pour some hot water over the currants so they plump up a bit before you drain and chop them.
2. In a skillet, warm oil over medium heat. Add garlic, garam marsala and carrots. Saute until carrots are soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in green onions and remove from heat.
3. in a food processor, add chickpeas and pulse several times until coarsely chopped. (Alternatively, you could mash the chickpeas in a bowl with a fork).
4. Transfer mashed chickpeas to a large bowl. Add carrot mixture, salt, mayo, chopped currants and rice wine vinegar. Blend well. Taste for seasonings.
5. Serve in a wrap or in lettuce leaves.
YIELD: Enough for 4 8-inch wraps.