This recipe is easy and full of flavour. I found this recipe on Pinterest which lead me to the website eat-yourself-skinny.com.
I only had yellow and orange peppers in my fridge, which was fine, but for my picture I wish I had a red pepper. I used 3 chicken breasts that I pounded down and I added 6 strips of pepper into each breast. I also marinated my chicken for about 3 hours.
FOR THE MARINADE:
2 Tbsp olive oil
Juice of half a lime
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp salt
Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
FOR THE CHICKEN:
3 chicken breasts or 6 thin sliced chicken cutlets 1/4-inch thick
1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
1/2 yellow bell pepper, sliced
1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
1. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, cayenne (if using) and cilantro. Set aside.
2. For the chicken breasts, if you purchased pre-sliced chicken cutlets en skip to the next step. If using chicken breasts, slice them longways into 2 even slices and firmly pound the chicken using the smooth side of the meat tenderizer to an even thickness of about 1/4 inch.
3. Place chicken cutlets into a large freezer bag and pour marinade over top, making sure they are completely coated. Allow chicken to marinate for a minimum of one hour to overnight.
4. Once chicken has marinated, evenly place 6 bell pepper slices in the middle of the chicken cutlet, roll up and secure with a toothpick. Repeat this step until all the cutlets have been rolled up and place seam side down in a prepared baking dish.
5. Brush tops of the chicken with remaining marinade and bake, uncovered, at 375 for about 25 to 30 minutes or until the juices run clear. Serve and enjoy!
Serving size: 2 chicken roll-ups
Saturated fat: 1.9g
WW points+: 7