This recipe is super fast and easy. I like this recipe for the busy nights that are filled with the kid’s activities. Plus the kids gobble it up! (However, except for the broccoli but, I always have the option of fresh cut veggies on the side) To make this recipe even faster to prepare…pre-make the sauce in the morning.
I cut my baby potatoes into quarters. Depending on size, I also just halved them. I flattened my chicken by pounding it with a rolling pin. It ensures a thoroughly cooked chicken breast. Make sure to read the whole recipe! You add the broccoli in the last 10 minutes of baking.
I like this idea of one pan cooking too! It makes for easy clean up!
I found this recipe on Pinterest. It lead me to the website damndelicious.net.
3 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 Tablespoons honey
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
16 ounces baby red potatoes, halved*
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded flat
24 ounces broccoli florets*
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
*24 ounces broccoli florets is equal to about 5 cups
*Cooking time will vary depending on the size and thickness of the potatoes
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray
2. In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil, butter, honey, brown sugar, Dijon mustard, garlic, oregano and basil;season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
3. Place potatoes in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add chicken in a single layer and brush each chicken breast with honey mixture.
4. Place into oven and roast until the chicken is completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, about 25-30 minutes. stir in broccoli during the last 10 minutes of cooking time. Broil for 2-3 minutes, or until caramelized and slighty charred.
5. Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.