Looking for a great comfort food recipe? Make this one! It is simple to make….especially when using the no cook lasagna noodles. A great make ahead for your busy week too.
I did not use the white wine, I replaced with chicken broth. I also used 1 1/2 pounds of ground chicken with great results. I bought my pancetta at my local deli and just asked them to cut me 2oz. It worked out to about 56 grams.
I found this recipe on Pinterest which led me to the website http://www.jocooks.com
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 medium carrot, chopped
1 celery stalk, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 oz pancetta, chopped
1 lb ground chicken (I used 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken)
1 Tbsp tomato paste
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp chili flakes
1/4 cup chopped basil
2 cups crushed tomatoes
1 cup chicken broth
Salt and pepper
2 cups ricotta cheese (500 ml)
2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
9 lasagna noodles uncooked
1. In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, carrot, garlic and pancetta to the pot and sauté for about 5 minutes until onion is soft and translucent.
2. Add the ground chicken to the pot and break up using a wooden spoon so that it crumbles. Cook it for another 5 minutes until the ground chicken is no longer pink.
3. Add the oregano, chili flakes, tomato paste and stir. Add the wine and basil and cook for 3 more minutes, stirring occasionally. Finally add in the chicken broth and crushed tomatoes and season with salt and pepper as needed. Bring to a boil, turn down heat and let simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 375 F.
5. In a bowl combine together the ricotta, 1 1/2 cups of the mozzarella cheese and the egg. Set aside.
6. Spread a couple of ladles of the bolognese sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish. Arrange 3 noodles over the bolognese sauce;top with a couple more ladles of the sauce, then top with 1/3 of the cheese mixture, trying to spread it around a bit. Repeat with another 3 lasagna noodles, sauce, cheese, 3 more lasagna noodles, sauce and last of the cheese. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese over the top.
7. Bake for about an hour until the noodles are cooked though. If you are using fresh lasagna noodles, it will take less cooking time, about 35 to 45 minutes.
8. Let the lasagna cool for a few minutes before cutting into it. Feel free to garnish it with fresh parsley or basil and Parmesan cheese.