This makes an easy breakfast, brunch or lunch. I love the pepper and the egg together in this recipe. My friend Cheryl posted that she made this as an after-school snack for her son.
I found the following recipe on Pinterest. It uses cheese, but you certainly do not have to add it. These eggs are just fine without it.
I used an orange pepper, but you can use red or yellow, whichever you prefer. I simply added salt and pepper to my eggs. I did not add the cheese. Also, you can scramble the egg inside the pepper. I left mine sunny side up as I like a runny yummy yolk. I used 2 eggs as I had 2 pepper slices to fill, one egg for each slice. Instead of using olive oil, I just used cooking spray.
1 red, yellow or orange pepper
4-5 large eggs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (you could try other cheeses too if you wish)
1 Tbsp olive oil
1. In a large, non-stick skillet, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil over medium/high heat.
2. Cut peppers into 1/2-inch rings and remove seeds and centers. Plice sliced peppers into the pan and let them saute for a minute.
3. Crack one egg into the center of each bell pepper slice. Start pouring the egg in slowly;it prevents the egg leaking abd forms a nice seal.
4. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Saute for 3 minutes, then flip it over carefully.
5. Top with generous amount of parmesan.
6. Cook for 2 minutes, or less if you want a runny yolk.