My sister-in-law made this recipe and loved it! She shared it on Pinterest with me and now it is one of our favorites as well. So quick and easy. The original recipe can be found on http://www.damndelicious.net.
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 large eggs, beaten
1 cup Panko
FOR THE HONEY GARLIC SAUCE
1/3 cup honey, or more, to taste
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon Sriracha, optional
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 green onions, thinly sliced
2 teaspoons sesame seeds
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil a 9×13 baking dish or coat with nonstick spray.
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Working in batches, dip chicken into eggs, then dredge in Panko, pressing to coat.
3. Add chicken to prepared baking dish. Place in oven and bake until golden brown and crisp, about 15 to 20 minutes.
4. In a medium saucepan over medium high heat, combine honey, garlic, soy sauce, and Sriracha, if using. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and 1/3 cup water. Stir mixture into the saucepan until thickened, about 1-2 minutes. stir in chicken and gently toss to combine.
5. Serve immediatley, garnished with green onions and sesame seed, if desired.
YIELD – 4 servings