This is an AWESOME oatmeal cookie! A friend passed along this recipe from thepioneerwoman.com.
I used large flake oats and I baked my cookies for 12 minutes and no longer. I also eliminated the salt.
1 cup salted butter, softened
2 cups packed dark brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 whole eggs
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3 cups old fashioned oats
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer (or using a hand mixer) beat together the butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, scraping the bowl after each one.
3. Mix together the flour, salt, and baking soda in a medium sized bowl. Add it into the creamed mixture in 2 to 3 batches, mixing it until just combined. Mix in the oats until just combined.
4. Use your preferred size cookie scoop (or a regular spoon) to drop portions of dough onto a lightly greased cookie sheet, spacing them a couple inches apart. Bake for 12-13 minutes or until dark and chewy. If you’d like a crispier cookie, just cook a little longer!
5. Let them cool slightly on the pan after removing from the oven, then transfer the cookies onto a plate for serving.
*Note: Add 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts to the flour mixture if you’d like a nutty flavor and crunch.
MAKES 24 COOKIES