What a great way to substitute the dough in pizza! These “pizzas” were super easy to make and you could put anything you want on them really. I followed this recipe but added my own toppings. I could not find the Laughing Cow cheese recommended in this recipe so i just used shredded mozzarella cheese. In the frying pan I added garlic, onion and yellow pepper to top the cheese, then I mixed up freshly diced tomatoes and fresh basil. The notes in the recipe are not mine but the creator of this recipe that I found on Twitter. (@NicoleHCook) http://www.dailydishrecipes.com/grilled-portabella-veggie-pizzas/
2 large portabella mushroom caps
2 cloves of garlic, chopped (or minced)
2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil (you really don’t need much)
4 wedges of Laughing Cow – Light Garlic & Herb cheese
1 cup red peppers, chopped
1 cup green peppers, chopped
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 cup baby kale, chopped
1. In a large saucepan on your stove, heat the olive oil on low.
2. Pop your portabella mushrooms in there and saute for 1-2 minutes. Flip them over and saute the other side for about 1-2 minutes or just until they are slightly softened. Remove the mushrooms to a baking pan lined with tin foil.
3. Add the garlic, onions, kale and both peppers to the oil.
4. Saute for a few minutes or until the onions are translucent. Stir around frequently. I also added a dash of salt and pepper but it’s definitely not needed.
5. Remove from heat when done.
6. Add two wedges of Laughing Cow Light Garlic and Herb cheese to each portabella cap. Kinda smoosh it down in there.
7. Divide the veggies from the saucepan between the two portabella mushrooms.
8. Broil the mushrooms for about 2-3 minutes (I did this in my toaster oven on the broil setting, if using a large oven, just pay attention to it and don’t walk away so you don’t burn anything).