This recipe is outstanding! Great for a dinner or an appetizer. I found the link to this recipe on Twitter. (http://www.jocooks.com/main-courses/poultry-main-courses/bang-bang-chicken/ ) I used the 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce in the dipping sauce.
4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into small pieces
1 cup buttermilk
1 tbsp hot sauce
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
Salt and pepper to taste
oil for frying
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sweet chili sauce (Jo Cooks used Frank’s)
1 tbsp Frank’s hot sauce
2 tbsp honey
1. In a medium bowl, mix flour, cornstarch, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. To the bowl add the hot sauce, egg, and buttermilk, and whisk until you have a smooth batter. Add the chicken pieces to the bowl, toss to make sure each piece is coated in the batter and set aside.
2. In another bowl add about a cup of Panko breadcrumbs
3. Mix all the ingredients for the sauce together and refrigerate until ready for serving.
4. Heat the oil in a large skillet.
5. Coat each piece of chicken with breadcrumbs, add more breadcrumbs if needed, and fry on both sides for 3 to 5 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Place on paper napkins to soak up some of the oil. Repeat with all the chicken pieces. Only add a few pieces of chicken to the skillet at a time, so the chicken turns out crispy.
6. Drizzle chicken with sauce and serve.