Happy 60th Birthday Mom! I made this dish for her tonight. We both love Guy Fieri and what better dish to make then the winning recipe that won him the title of The Next Food Network Star. The flavors of the Alfredo sauce and the spice rub on the chicken is amazing. I wish this wasn’t such a fattening meal or I’d make it all the time! This recipe was taken from Guy Fieri’s Food -Cookin’ it, Livin’ it, Lovin’ it.
4 5-ounce boneless, skinless breasts (about 1 1/4 pounds)
1/2 cup Blackening Spice rub (recipe below)
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons minced garlic
1/4 cup white wine
3 cups heavy cream
1 cup roughly chopped marinated sun-dried tomatoes
1 pound fettuccine
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over very high heat.
2. Dredge the chicken breasts in the spice mix. Place in the cast-iron skillet. Blacken both sides of the chicken, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
3. Transfer the chicken to a baking sheet and place in the oven for 10 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165F on an instant-read thermometer.
4. Remove from the oven and slice the chicken into strips on the bias.
5. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and lightly brown it, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the wine. Pour in the heavy cream, bring to a simmer, and cook until the sauce is reduced by half. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, and chicken slices.
6. Meanwhile, cook the fettuccine al dente, according to the package directions. Drain.
7. When the sauce is at the desired consistency, stir in 1/2 cup of the Parmesan, the salt, pepper and pasta.
8. To serve, toss the pasta with the sauce on large rimmed plates. Garnish with 1/4 cup green onion and the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan.
Blackening Spice Rub
2 tablespoons salt
1 tablespoon granulated garlic
1 tablespoon freshly cracked black pepper
2 teaspoons ground white pepper
2 teaspoons onion powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon cayenne
3 tablespoons paprika
1. Combine all the ingredients and store in tightly sealed container in a cool place until needed, for up to 6 months.